Pain in the tooth or jaw is not just a mere inconvenience; it’s an indication that something’s wrong within your oral cavity. At Capstone Dentistry, we understand the discomfort and stress such pains can bring, making it our mission to provide swift and effective solutions. Whether it’s a minor toothache or more severe jaw pain, our team of professionals, led by Dr. Bob and Dr. Arti, are equipped to offer the best in treatment and relief.
Causes of Tooth Pain
There are various causes for tooth pain, and understanding them can help in addressing the root issue effectively. Some common reasons include:
- Cavities: These are decayed areas in your teeth, essentially tiny holes that can grow larger and more painful over time.
- Gum Disease: Conditions like gingivitis or periodontal disease can lead to discomfort in the tooth and jaw.
- Tooth Abscess: An abscessed tooth is a result of a bacterial infection causing pus to collect around the tooth, leading to pain.
- Tooth Fracture: A broken or cracked tooth can cause severe pain, especially when the fracture reaches the middle of the tooth where the nerves are.
- Sensitive Teeth: Consuming hot or cold food and drinks can lead to sharp pain if you have sensitive teeth.
- Improper Brushing or Flossing: Sometimes, being too aggressive with your dental hygiene practices can lead to sore teeth and gums.
The Threat of an Untreated Toothache
A toothache can be a continuous pain or might occur only when pressure is applied to the tooth. It can range from mild to severe and can be accompanied by swelling around the tooth, fever, or headache. If you experience severe pain, especially pain that lasts for more than two days, it’s crucial to seek emergency dentistry services. A prolonged toothache can indicate a more significant issue that needs immediate attention, such as an infection that can spread to other parts of your body if left untreated.
Jaw Pain Treatment
Jaw pain can arise from various issues, from TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorders to sinus problems, toothache, and even periodontal disease. Depending on the root cause, jaw pain might be accompanied by a popping sound when the jaw moves, difficulty in chewing, or even a change in the way the upper and lower teeth align. At Capstone Dentistry, we use advanced dental technology to diagnose the exact cause of the jaw pain and then recommend appropriate treatment to alleviate the discomfort.
Prompt Dental Pain Relief at Capstone Dentistry
In situations where tooth or jaw pain becomes unbearable, it’s not just about relief – it’s an emergency. At Capstone Dentistry, we’re committed to addressing these emergency cases promptly. We offer emergency dentistry services designed to cater to urgent needs, ensuring our patients get timely and effective care.
Tooth or jaw pain should never be ignored. These are often early signs of more significant issues that can escalate if not addressed promptly. At Capstone Dentistry, with our patient-centered approach and a relaxing atmosphere, we make sure you’re at ease while we tackle the root cause of the pain. Remember, oral health is a window to overall well-being. Ensure you take timely action to keep discomfort at bay and maintain a radiant, pain-free smile.